Kcat has developed a new enzyme engineering (Patent No: 202141002674, 20thJAN-21) framework with Insilico guided CRISPR-CAS driven. This framework is combined with artificial intelligence for predicting hotspots and deriving a focussed library.
Salient features of Kcat Enzymatic CRISPR-Cas9 Enzyme Engineering Technology(Kit):
• The source gene (enzyme) of interest will be provided by Kcat Enzymatic
• The kit contains proprietary CRISPR-Cas9 enzymes with the customized vectors, sgRNAs, and PAM that can do both specific and random mutations based on which the hotspots and regions to be mutated will be given by Kcat Enzymatic
• The customers can also suggest the source gene, hotspots, and regions
• An AI algorithm is included along with the kit to predict hotspots and regions for generating the next set of focused libraries
• Affordable and can be executed in a reasonably equipped laboratory; bypassing gene synthesis